Do you suspect a water leak in your home? Get it sorted out fast with professional water leak detection and repair by First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air. Our water line leak detection experts use a variety of advanced methods to quickly locate leaks and offer a fast repair.
These methods ensure you get the best leak detection service and repair, saving you time and money while also preventing extensive damage to your home. Port St Lucie, FL homeowners know they can rely on us for all their plumbing leak detection services. We offer same-day appointments!
We provide the following leak-related solutions in the Treasure Coast:
Does your aging piping system need to be replaced? Contact us for whole-house repiping services.
Signs You Have a Water Leak
Although knowing the exact location and severity of a water leak in your home could be difficult for an inexperienced homeowner, it is easy to spot the major signs and symptoms of plumbing leaks. If you notice any other following issues in your home, you should contact First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air right away for a comprehensive leak detection service:
- If you can hear running water when nothing is on.
- If your water meter is moving when everything is off.
- If your water or electric bill is higher than previously.
- If you feel a warm spot or see water on your floor.
- If you have low water pressure in your home.
These issues are often easy to spot in the home. Calling a water leak detection company as soon as you notice a problem will help save you money on the repair. Our experts at First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air can get the job done!
How Do We Detect Water Leaks?
At First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air, we use a variety of water leak detection services to pinpoint the exact location of the leak and its severity. Some of our most effective leak detection methods include:
- SOUND LEAK DETECTION: Uses highly sensitive acoustic listening equipment in conjunction with air to locate water leaks under concrete slabs or ground.
- INFRARED CAMERAS: An infrared camera allows us to take multiple pictures of the pipe from different angles, which helps us see the leak in real-time.
- METER TESTING: Using a special tool, we are able to measure the water pressure in your pipes and compare it to a healthy pipe. From there, we can determine if there is a leak.
Did your water heater stop producing hot water? Call us for water heater services.
How To Tell if a Leak Is Inside or Outside Your House
Have you noticed signs of a water leak in your home, including water damage? One of the first steps you need to take is to determine where the water leak is located. This includes finding out if it’s inside or outside your house.
There are several steps you can take to find out where the leak is located, including:
- Turn off the water: The first thing you should do is turn off all of the water in your home. This includes all faucets, plumbing fixtures, appliances, and more. You should have a water valve in your house that will turn off all interior water. After you do this, then look to see if the leak has stopped. If it has, then the leak is inside your house. If the leak continues, then it is located outside the house.
- Look at the location of the signs of the leak: Where the evidence of the leak is showing up can indicate where the leak is located. If you see water damage on a wall next to a bathroom or kitchen plumbing appliance, then it could indicate the leak is coming from your interior plumbing system.
- Watch the weather: Does your leak appear after it rains? This can be a good indication that the leak is on the outside of your house. If the signs of the leak do not appear in correlation to the weather, then the leak can be coming from inside the house.