Looking to make a significant change in your home? Itching to try something new? A tankless water heater installation could be exactly what you are looking for. These units are safe, efficient, and reliable, perfect for every type of homeowner in Port St Lucie, FL. At First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air, we offer easy and affordable tankless water heater services. From installation to maintenance and repairs, we are your go-to tankless water heater experts. We offer same-day appointments!
Does your sewer line need repairs? Contact us to schedule an appointment immediately!
How Do Tankless Water Heaters Work?
Before committing to a tankless water heater installation in your home, it’s a good idea to understand the basics of how they work. As the name implies, a tankless water heater does not use a traditional hot water tank to provide hot water to your home. Instead, it connects directly to your plumbing system and heats the water with a series of high-efficiency heating elements. The unit waits in standby mode until hot water is requested from your faucet or various plumbing appliances, as the water passes through the system, it gets heated by the elements until the hot water is turned off. At that point, the unit goes back into standby mode, waiting until you need it again.
What Are the Benefits of Choosing a Tankless Water Heater?
There are numerous benefits to choosing a tankless water heater for your next water heater installation. Some of the most significant benefits you can take advantage of include:
- SAVINGS: These units are more efficient, and, therefore, cost less to operate, saving you money in the long run.
- SPACE: They also eliminate the need for a bulky hot water tank, which is great for homes or condos with limited space.
- EFFICIENCY: As an efficient option, a tankless water heater will help reduce your carbon footprint.
- REPAIRS: With fewer components than a traditional water heater, tankless water heater repair and maintenance is required less frequently. The units also last about 5-10 years longer than traditional systems.
- UNLIMITED HOT WATER: Without a tank to fill and refill, tankless water heaters provide homeowners with unlimited access to hot water.
When you call First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air, we will provide services on both electric and natural/propane tankless units. During our installation services, we will include a new isolation valve kit, venting solutions inside or outside, gas installations, and we will run water lines as needed and obtain the needed permits.
Is your garbage disposal malfunctioning? Contact us for kitchen plumbing services.
Common Tankless Water Heater Repairs
While installing a tankless water heater system can have many benefits, like storage tank units, these units will occasionally encounter issues that need to be repaired. Some of the most common problems our technicians experience in Port St Lucie, FL, that require tankless water heater repairs are:
- BROKEN HEATING ELEMENTS: Whether you have an electric or a gas unit, if the heating element isn’t working, your system cannot heat water. During an inspection, an expert will check the circuit breaker, thermostat, and wiring.
- SEDIMENT BUILDUP: Mineral deposits in the unit can cause a system to break down or malfunction. To avoid this, your system should be flushed every 6-12 months. This is recommended for both electric and natural and propane tankless water heaters.
- GAS BURNER ISSUES: For gas-powered systems, burners can experience issues with thermocouples. Dirty burners can also cause the unit to malfunction.
Other problems our technicians frequently repair are isolation valves, water line leaks, and water shutoff valves.
If you experience these issues, it’s essential to call our experts at First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air. When scheduling services, it’s important to know that most parts of tankless water heater repairs will need to be ordered. Also, issues will need to be diagnosed by the manufacturer before any parts will be shipped. When we contact the manufacturer, one of the first things they will ask is how often the unit has been maintained. Because of this, it’s crucial to perform routine tankless water heater maintenance and tankless water heater tune-ups on your system at least every year.
If you have questions about these services, please reach out to our trained technicians!