Few plumbing emergencies are as urgent and damaging as a slab leak. It’s important for homeowners to understand the need for vigilance and quick action in the case of a slab leak repair. At First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air, we offer exceptional slab leak services that will save you time and money in the future. With experienced leak detection experts, we quickly locate the source of the problem and offer a comprehensive solution. Don’t let a slab leak emergency ruin your day, trust our experts in Port St Lucie, FL for fast and reliable slab leak repair.
Download our current coupons and online offers to enjoy instant savings on your next call.
What is a Slab Leak and Why is it Dangerous?
Unlike other types of residential water leaks, slab leaks can cause immense damage to the foundation of your home. A slab leak is a water leak that occurs underneath the concrete slab that supports your home’s foundation. A leak in this location is problematic because the water rushing from the damaged spot will also take with it sediment, sand, and dirt that is specifically compacted to support the foundation. A slab leak left unrepaired will result in a compromised foundation and thousands of dollars worth of repairs and remodeling. This is why it is so important to notice the signs and get professional slab leak repair as soon as possible.
Signs You Need Slab Leak Repair
Leaking pipes inside or underneath the concrete of a home flooring or foundation is called a slab leak. Common signs of this type of leak are:
- If you can hear running water when nothing is on.
- If your water meter is moving when everything is off.
- Your water or electric bill is higher than previously.
- If you feel a warm spot or see water on your floor.
- If you have low water pressure in your home.
Have you noticed any of the signs above in your home? Follow the steps below to determine if you need our leak detection service.
- City Water: Make sure all your plumbing fixtures are shut off. Check your meter to see if your low flow indicator is moving. This will show the smallest plumbing leak in your home. If moving, you have a leak somewhere and you are being charged for water you are not using.
- Well Pumps: Turn off all water fixtures inside your home and listen for running water. Go to the pump area and look for a gauge on top of the pump. It will have a red needle pointing to numbers. If the needle is moving, you have a leak. If the gauge is broken, your pump will keep turning itself on.
- Galvanized water piping: Galvanized Iron water pipes are coated with zinc to prevent rusting and corroding. As galvanized iron pipes age, the zinc coating gradually wears away, exposing the iron. The unprotected iron rusts rapidly in the presence of water, just as iron rusts when it is exposed to rain. You will then experience low water pressure, discolored or rust-colored water, and leaks.
Find out what other people in your community are saying about us by reading our latest customer comments and reviews.
Reasons to Choose First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air
When you work with us on your next plumbing repair, you can expect thorough workmanship, affordable prices, and the following value-adding features and benefits:
- Same-Day Service: Our leak detection services are offered on a same-day basis for your convenience. We also offer fast and effective repiping in 1-2 days.
- Upfront Pricing: Never receive an unexpected bill with our upfront pricing. We also offer transparent scheduling with appointments made in 1-hour time slots.
- After-Hours Service: We’re available for after-hours service at no extra charge.
- Phones Answered by Real People: Our phones are always answered by real people, we don’t use automated systems so you get the best service every time you call.