As a major hub of activity in your home, it’s important to make sure your kitchen plumbing components are working properly at all times. This means catching leaky faucets, drains, and garbage disposals before they become a huge problem.
At First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air, we provide Port St Lucie, FL homeowners with comprehensive kitchen plumbing repair and installation services catered to suit their unique needs and budgets. We provide emergency repairs on faucets, kitchen shuts off/angle stops, and tubular drains under your sink. We also install a dishwasher and garbage disposer and hook up your gas appliances. We can handle all of it.
When you need new kitchen plumbing fixtures installed, or your garbage disposal replaced, call our experts at First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air. We offer same-day appointments to Port St Lucie, FL for your convenience.
Signs You Need Kitchen Plumbing Installations
There are many signs you can watch for that can indicate you need to install new kitchen plumbing components. Some issues our experts recommend watching for are:
- Leaky sinks, or ones that look outdated and have signs of wear and tear.
- Leaky, corroded kitchen faucets.
- Bad-tasting water, which can require a new faucet.
- Malfunctioning garbage disposal. In some cases, it can be more cost-effective to replace garbage disposal rather than repair it.
- Leaky dishwashers and refrigerators.
If you notice these signs, and others, call First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air to schedule kitchen plumbing replacements.
Decrease your allergy and asthma symptoms when you schedule indoor air quality services with our experts.
Common Kitchen Plumbing Repairs
With a sink, faucet, and numerous other plumbing fixtures and appliances in your kitchen, you may need occasional professional repairs. Some common kitchen plumbing repairs our experts encounter are:
- Low Water Pressure: This can indicate a clog that needs to be removed.
- Kitchen Faucet: As your faucet ages and corrodes it may develop leaks.
- Clogged Sink: If the wrong items are put down your sink, it can create blockages.
- Garbage Disposal: These can clog and malfunction if the wrong items are placed in them, or if there is an electrical issue.
- Dishwasher Installs: Problems with your dishwasher installation - including bad hook-up problems - can lead to leaks.
- Kitchen Sinks & Kitchen Under Sinks: Problems like detached sinks, loose sinks, or leaky sinks need expert repairs. Your 1 to 3-stage water filtration system can also need repairs.
- Water Filtration Issues: When you experience an issue with the one, two, three-stage filtration systems (sediment, carbon, and reverse osmosis), it’s essential to call in the experts to ensure your water is safe and pure.
- Kitchen Drain Hook Up: Your kitchen drain can clog if it’s not installed correctly, or if the wrong items are put down your sink.
- Kitchen Shut Off/ Angle Stops: These under-sink items can malfunction and require professional repairs to avoid leaks and other issues.
- Kitchen Sink Strainer: Does your strainer need to be replaced? These are essential to prevent the wrong items from going down your sink.
- Refrigerator Ice Line Installs: Does the refrigerator ice line need to be replaced or installed in your refrigerator? Let our experts handle the work.
Is It Time To Replace Your Sink?
When we say “everything including the kitchen sink,” we mean it. Your kitchen sink gets a lot of use, so it only makes sense that it might be one of the first items in your home to require replacement. However, this doesn’t mean you should replace your sink at the sign of any problem. Many issues can be fixed with professional kitchen sink repair. However, if you are experiencing any of the following issues, you may want to consider a new kitchen sink installation:
- Is your kitchen sink constantly breaking or leaking? Is the kitchen sink loose or detached, requiring professional repairs that are starting to add up in cost.
- The drain basket is broken.
- The design of the sink is outdated and does not complement the overall decor of your kitchen.
- Replacing a kitchen sink can give your kitchen an instant facelift and a breath of fresh air. It can also help prevent water damage to your counter or cupboards if the sink is always experiencing issues with leaking.
Do you need to install a new bathroom sink or faucet? Contact us for bathroom remodeling services.
How To Avoid Garbage Disposal Replacement
First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air is always available when you need professional garbage disposal repair. However, the best choice for any homeowner is to avoid problems in the first place. Here are a few best-practice tips for keeping your garbage disposal working:
- Never put bones or shells in the disposal. Use it for soft, organic material only.
- If you have a lot of material to dispose of, do it in stages so you do not jam the unit.
- Rinse the blades after using the unit by quickly running warm water through the unit.
- If you do require garbage disposal repair, make sure you call a professional.
If you need to schedule garbage disposal maintenance or garbage disposal repairs, call our experts. Our technicians even have experience working with InSinkErator Garbage Disposals.