Did your house flood during a recent heavy storm, or was there standing water in your house after a burst pipe or water leak? You need water and flood damage restoration services at your house to repair water damage and restore your house back to the way it was before the flood. For appointments in Port St Lucie, FL, call our experts at First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air. Call before 12 noon, Monday-Friday and we will be there TODAY!
When You Need Water Damage Repairs
There are numerous situations that can cause water damage to your house, leaving you needing repairs. Some common ones are:
- Sump pump failure: If your sump pump stops working - especially during a major storm - it can lead to flood waters entering your home.
- Burst pipes: A burst pipe can quickly lead to major water damage. Hundreds of gallons of water could end up in your house.
- Storms: Heavy storms can cause a lot of water to flood your house, leaving you with standing water in your house.
- Leaky appliances: If an appliance starts to leak - especially if it leaks over time - it can lead to water damage that can wreck your flooring, cabinets, walls, and more.
When these issues occur, it’s essential to take the proper steps afterward to correctly clean it up and restore your house back to its original state.
When you need main water line repairs or replacements, call us for water line repairs and installations.
Extraction & Dry Out Services
Having professionals perform expert water extraction services can help you dry out your house sooner. Taking action quickly can help prevent swelling and warping of the floors, walls, and furniture.
After a flood or a water leak, you might have a lingering musty odor in your house that you can’t get rid of. Fortunately, our experts can by performing deodorizing services. These deodorizing services are meant to help control odors from excessive moisture, mold, and mildew.
After a flood, bacteria can enter your home through the floodwaters. This can lead to the threat of illness and other issues for your household. You can remove these bacteria - along with fungi and mildew - through sanitizing services. Our experts use sanitizing agents, germicides, and antimicrobial treatments.
Water Damage Equipment Used
When you have flooding or a water leak in your house, it’s essential to call the professionals to properly remove the water and restore your house. Some equipment our technicians use includes:
- Moisture Detectors: These devices are used to determine if there is moisture in your house. After water damage, the moisture can hide in your walls and you need advanced equipment to find it.
- Hygrometers: These units measure the amount of humidity in your house.
- Infrared Cameras: These devices can help look for moisture in your walls or throughout your house.
- Snake Cameras: These cameras can look in hard-to-reach spaces to see if there is any moisture lor other damage lurking.
- Commercial Dehumidifier: These units remove moisture from your house. This will help avoid mold or mildew.
- Air-Moving Equipment: These systems create airflow to help dry out your house. It removes excess humidity.
- Mobile Extraction Units: These help remove water and moisture from your home to prevent further damage.
If you have moisture in your home, it’s essential to know where it’s coming from. Contact us for water leak detection services.
What Is Emergency Water Removal?
Emergency water removal starts with an assessment of the water damage or flood damage at your house. After this initial step, the technicians will start making their repairs. They will remove standing water, and water soaked into your carpet or flooring. After the water and excess moisture is removed, then they will set up dehumidifiers and dryers. This step will help prevent mold and mildew from forming. They will also clean your house with solutions that will prevent the growth of bacteria.