Are you worried about bacteria or other impurities in your water? Are you tired of buying bottled water or boiling water to make sure it’s safe to use in the home? A whole-home water filtration system installation could solve all your water impurity problems. At First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air, we work with some of the most advanced water filtration systems to make sure homeowners in Port St Lucie, FL have access to clean, fresh water at all times. We offer after-hours service calls at no additional charge.
Do your aging pipes need to be replaced? Call us for whole home repiping services.
Which Type of Water Treatment System Should You Choose for Your Home?
There are several types of water filtration systems that are best suited for different types of homeowners since they each offer unique results. Each one targets different issues and provides different results. We recommend and install reverse osmosis filtration systems and 3-stage under-counter systems. Our water filtration experts can help you determine which is right for your needs and budget.
- WATER TESTING: Have water testing services performed to see the quality of your water. Professionals can determine the quality and what purification systems you need to improve it.
- UNDER-SINK DRINKING WATER FILTER: If you’re not able to install a whole-house water filtration system, then an under-sink option can be the right solution. This filters your water to improve its quality.
- ONE-STAGE TO THREE-STAGE HIGH CAPACITY UNDER-SINK FILTER: These filters can improve your drinking, well, and city water. It can include stages 1 to 3, including sediment, carbon, and reverse osmosis.
- 3-STAGE UNDER COUNTER: This type of filter is especially useful if you live in an area with a lot of sediment and silt. Filters can be easily changed.
- REVERSE OSMOSIS: Using a special membrane, this type of filter moves water from a high ion concentration to a low ion concentration, resulting in perfectly clean water. It also performs stages 4 and 5, to provide the final polish to your drinking water and remove final impurities. Stage 5 includes a polypropylene sediment filter, granular activated carbon filter, carbon block filter, and a post-carbon filter, to provide bottled-quality water.
- WATER SOFTENER: If you have hard water, your soap, detergents, and shampoos won’t fully dissolve. This can lead to soap scum, limescale, and other issues in your pipes and plumbing fixtures. Our experts can install a water softener - both a single-tank combo system and a two-tank combo system - which include both filtration services and softeners.
- SALT-FREE WATER CONDITIONING: We have salt-free water conditioning systems in addition to traditional water softeners. This allows you to effectively treat your water without having to remember to add salt. We can also explain the benefits of KDF Filter Media and Catalytic Coconut Shell Activated Carbon.
- SAFETY ZONE WATER SYSTEMS: Safety Zone Water Systems provide whole-house filtration systems and water conditioning systems. These help purify your water to make it safe for consumption.
- AUTOMATIC BACKWASHING SYSTEMS: Automatic backwashing systems filter and purify your water by forcing it through the filter medium. These are the most popular types of filters.
- NON-ELECTRIC BACK WASHING SYSTEM: This requires you to manually clean your carbon bed when you decide it’s the right time. Our experts recommend it at least once a week.
- CITY WATER FILTRATION SYSTEMS: If you feel your city water isn’t safe to drink, you can install a filtration system on your faucet to improve the taste and quality. These come in automatic and non-electric systems. Electric versions offer a more sophisticated process, like reverse osmosis and ultraviolet. This provides several layers of purification. Non-electric units have a more simple process. Water pushes through the system using gravity, but it doesn’t purify as well as electric versions.
- UV PURIFIERS: UV water purifiers remove most impurities from your water, but they do not eliminate certain pesticides, fluoride, and others. Ask an expert if this is the right solution for your house.
Benefits of Using a Whole Home Water Filtration System
For homeowners looking to get peace of mind and added confidence in their home’s water, there is nothing better than using a water filtration system. Some of the other significant benefits of using these units include:
- Protection against illness and disease passed through water.
- Save money by not buying as much bottled water.
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing your water is safe to drink and use.
- Protect your plumbing appliances and fixtures from damage caused by hard water and scale.
- Make sure your water tastes and smells good by eliminating harmful minerals and impurities.
If you are not sure which type of water filtration system is right for you, ask the experts at First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air. We will help you choose a unit that works best in your home.
Is your AC system malfunctioning? Contact us for air conditioner repair services.
Common Problems With Water Filtration Systems
Occasionally, your water filtration system will experience issues that need attention. Some common problems that can require water filtration repairs or water filtration replacement can include:
- The unit can stop working properly if you forget to change the carbon filter.
- The pump used in a reverse osmosis system could develop issues that can diminish your water pressure.
- While a water distillation system may have less frequent problems, it typically takes longer to do its job properly.