Do you know you don’t have to install a traditional forced-air cooling system in your house to keep it cool all summer? You can instead opt for a more energy-efficient unit by installing a ductless mini split air conditioner. For ductless mini split repairs and installations in Port St Lucie, FL, call our technicians at First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air. We offer same-day appointments!
Does your AC unit need an annual tune-up? Contact us to learn about our air conditioning repair services.
Signs You Need Ductless System Repairs in Port St Lucie, FL
There are many signs you can watch for that can indicate you need to schedule professional repairs on your ductless mini split AC system.
- The system doesn't blow out cool air
- There is ice on the coil
- The unit doesn’t turn on
- There are strange sounds coming from the system
How To Maintain Your Ductless Mini Split
You need to keep your ductless mini split system properly maintained to keep it working correctly all summer. Some tasks you should perform on the system include:
- Change the filters regularly: Change the filters often - about once a month – to help reduce utility bills and keep your home comfortable.
- Schedule regular inspections: Schedule a tune-up with a professional at least once a year to ensure the unit is working as expected.
- Inspect interior components: During routine maintenance, ensure the contractor examines the inside of the unit to make sure all of the components are functioning properly.
Is there a clog in your drain that causes your sinks to drain slowly? Contact us for drain cleaning services.
Signs You Need To Replace Your Ductless System
How do you know when it’s time to replace your ductless system? There are some obvious signs to watch for - like if your system stops producing cold air, or fails to keep your house cool. There are also other symptoms to watch for. The AC contractors at First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air recommend watching for these signs that can indicate you need ductless mini split installation services:
- Age: If your unit is nearing the end of its life expectancy and is starting to show signs of wear and tear.
- Lower Efficiency: If your unit is no longer as energy-efficient as it once was, resulting in higher utility bills, and if it’s working harder to cool your home than needed.
- Frequent Repairs: If your system is experiencing ongoing issues that require repairs.