Expert Air Conditioner Maintenance in Port St Lucie
Your air conditioner is vital to your home’s comfort and an expensive investment. However, many people put off or neglect annual service and maintenance. But here’s why that’s a bad idea.
An air conditioner can lose efficiency every year, causing it to work harder and wear out more quickly. An annual AC tune-up keeps your system in good condition and helps lower energy bills.
Many air conditioner manufacturers require proof of annual maintenance by a certified professional if you file a warranty claim. Annual maintenance is a small price to pay that can save you in the long run.
Prevent Costly Repairs
Replacing or repairing an air conditioner that’s been neglected is expensive. Routine maintenance reduces the chance that your system will fall into disrepair and require costly repairs or replacement before its time.
Lower Utility Bills and Energy Costs
Keeping your air conditioner properly maintained can lower your utility bills. Tune-ups can keep systems running more efficiently - allowing them to cool your home, allowing you to use less energy. You will start to notice savings on your monthly bills.
Get Fresher Air
During tune-ups, technicians will replace the AC filters. This will allow your system to remove dust, allergens, and other particles from the air. This will help improve your indoor air quality.
If you can’t remember the last time you had a professional HVAC technician service your air conditioner, call us to book an appointment today. During our routine inspections, we will check the motor amps, compressor amps, fans, blowers, pumps, pressure valves, controls, and backflow preventers.
Is your water heater not producing hot water? Contact our experts for water heater services.
Expert 24 Hour Air Conditioner Repair
The last thing you want is for your air conditioner to break down in the middle of a heat wave. Excessive heat can create a dangerous home environment, especially for vulnerable family members like young children or older adults. So, if your air conditioner stops working and you don’t think you can wait to schedule an appointment, you can rely on us for emergency AC service. Common emergency air conditioner situations include,
- No Power: If your unit isn’t turning on at all, you need to call in the experts. This can lead to dangerously hot conditions in your house - especially on a hot day.
- Ice on the Unit: If you see signs of freezing on your unit, you need to have it inspected as soon as possible. This can signal numerous different issues, including a problem with the evaporator coil.
- Odd Sounds: If your unit suddenly starts making strange noises, it needs to be checked by a pro quickly. This can indicate a serious problem that needs to be addressed. You should also shut off your system while you wait for the experts to arrive.
- Burning Odors: Burning smells can signal a serious problem. You should turn off your AC system until an AC contractor arrives to avoid a potentially dangerous situation.
- Low Cooling Output: If your unit is not producing cold air, or it’s not flowing through your vents, then you need to have it serviced. This can leave your house uncomfortably warm.
- High Humidity: Is there more moisture in your house than usual? Is it hot and sticky? Your AC system could be malfunctioning.
- Moisture Around the Unit: Any moisture around your unit should be examined by a professional. This could be freon - which can be dangerous for you to handle.
- Malfunctioning Thermostat: If your thermostat isn’t working, it can prevent your air conditioner from turning on. Have the device inspected quickly to restore comfort.
At First Choice Plus Plumbing, Restoration & Air, we offer same-day service, after-hour emergency services, a live call center, and a courtesy call before we arrive. You can trust our certified technicians to handle any AC problem with efficiency so you can get back to normal as soon as possible.
Central AC Repair
During summer, your home’s comfort depends on your air conditioner. If the system is failing or hasn’t been well-maintained, you could end up with a sweltering home. Fixing a malfunctioning air conditioner isn’t a DIY job; it requires a trained professional who knows what they’re doing. Call us if your AC develops these problems.
It Won’t Start
If your air conditioner won’t kick on and adjusting the thermostat doesn’t help, check the circuit breaker and the air filter to see if they’re the problem. If all looks good, but the system still won’t turn on, call a technician for help.
It Blows Warm Air
An air conditioner can blow warm air because of dirty or damaged ducts, low refrigerant, or a problem with the thermostat.
When an air conditioner turns off and on frequently, it’s called short cycling. Short cycling causes excess wear and tear and can cause the system to fail. Diagnosing the cause of short-cycling air conditioners requires a trained professional.
Unusual noises like clicking, grinding, or rattling could signal a significant problem that could cause irreparable damage if you don’t fix it quickly.
Is there an odor in your house? Contact us for indoor air quality services.
What Do Strange AC Noises Mean?
Did your air conditioner suddenly start making odd sounds? It can be due to a variety of problems, depending on the type of sound. Some common sounds and their causes are:
- Banging: A banging sound can indicate an issue with your compressor.
- Screeching: A sudden screeching sound can signal you have a damaged blower fan.
- Grinding: Grinding can indicate there are worn-out parts in the compressor.
- Clicking: Clicking, like your unit is trying to turn on, and indicates there’s an issue with your thermostat.
As soon as you hear any unusual noises, you should call in the pros to inspect your air conditioner.